- Be a full time, female Messiah College student
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Be a continuing student at Messiah College and willing to share her experience publicly with the Messiah Community (e.g., dorm floor discussions, alternate chapel, creative display)
- Demonstrate leadership on campus, locally, or internationally
Submit a typed proposal delineating a leadership development activity and all information requested below by the designated due date. Examples of leadership development activities include: attend Oregon Extension’s Women’s Studies May term or semester program; attend and/or present at leadership conference or disciplinary conference sessions specific to leadership skill development; engage in leadership development activities at places such as Eastern College’s Christian Women in Leadership Center; shadow a woman in a leadership position.
The application should include the following information in order requested:
- Campus Mailbox Number
- A clear and detailed description of proposed leadership development activity (Be sure to include supporting documentation – i.e., conference program, etc.)
- Leadership objectives/goals to be accomplished by plan (Carefully articulate how you, Messiah College, and/or your disciplinary field will benefit from this activity).
- A detailed budget (Include a specific delineation of anticipated expenses, including things like travel, food, and conference fees for up to $ 400).
- Proposed plan to share experience in a public forum (Specifically articulate how you will share your experience with others on campus,[ i.e., dorm floor program, alternate chapel, etc. Creativity is encouraged).
- Sponsoring faculty signature (Have a faculty member review your proposal before you submit it. She/he should sign the bottom of your application form). If the faculty member chooses to add words of sponsorship, they should be brief.
Questions should be addressed to: Dr. Raeann Hamon (RHamon@messiah.edu; ext. 2850; Boyer 355). Bring completed application with signatures and attachments to Boyer 351 AND email completed application to Tonya Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, September 29, 2008.