(Posting Date: 05/22/12)
The Office of Admissions currently has an opening for the position of Admissions Counselor. This is a full time, 12 month, administrative position. The Admissions Counselor oversees recruitment and admissions efforts for a specific geographic region and is responsible for communicating the mission of Messiah College to prospective students and their families while assisting them through the entire admissions process from recruitment to enrollment. A bachelor’s degree is required. The successful candidate must have strong and effective interpersonal skills in relating to high school age students and their parents with an emphasis on customer service; Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing; Organization and time management skills; Computer experience with MicroSoft Office Suite; Self-starter with the ability to work without direct supervision while traveling; Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; Ability to work with and relate to both on and off campus publics. A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel frequently is also required.
To apply, please submit a resume, letter of interest and statement of faith to Messiah College Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications are preferred via e-mail) or mail the same to:
PO Box 3015
One College Avenue
Grantham, PA 17027
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Reports To: Director of Admissions
Supervises: 1 student
Position Summary: The Admissions Counselor oversees recruitment and admissions efforts for a specific geographic region and is responsible for recruiting students and communicating the mission of Messiah College to prospective students and their families.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Required: Previous college admissions experience preferred.
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position:
- Effective interpersonal skills in student and family counseling;
- Excellent written and oral communicationskills;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Computer systems experience with MicroSoft Office Suite;
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without direct supervision while on the road;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with and relate to both on- and off-campus publics.
Special Working Conditions: Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel frequently. There will be some evening and weekend commitments.
1. Counsel potential students for recruitment purposes in various settings: on-campus, phone, or email.
2. Manage a recruitment territory by monitoring and assessing prospect/applicant activity.
3. Plan and execute personal travel to high schools, college fair programs, conventions, etc.
4. Review and make recommendations regarding applications from assigned recruitment territory.
5. Submit regular reports regarding recruitment activities.
6. Serve as a liaison with designated campus departments.
7. Maintain consistent and reliable attendance