MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
CATEGORY: Exempt, Full-time, Domestic
REPORTS TO: Communications Team Manager
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
The Marketing Communications Associate helps produce clear and inviting communications pieces that engage and educate HOPE’s various constituents, with a particular emphasis on supporters and potential supporters.
To promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International
I. Contribute to HOPE International’s communications as a copy writer, editor, interviewer, and content collector as needed to help execute compelling publications with on-time delivery.
II. Write and edit communication pieces that include: newsletters, brochures, blog articles, reports, electronic messages, press releases, website copy, social media, video scripting, mailings, annual reports, and other promotional material.
III. Ensure accuracy, clarity, and integrity in communications through thorough research of verifiable sources and strict attention to detail.
IV. Collaborate with graphic designers to achieve clear, concise, and impactful communication.
V. Maintain the consistency of HOPE International’s voice and brand throughout communications by following established guidelines.
VI. Ensure HOPE International’s clients are portrayed with dignity and respect.
VII. Contribute to broader marketing team initiatives.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, nonprofit writing, marketing, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience as a professional writer preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate with tact, professionalism, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in a wide variety of written mediums, e.g., newsletters, e-newsletters, appeals, websites, blogs, social media, professional reports, brochures, video scripting, press releases.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes for information collection and sharing.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of Scriptural mandates concerning the poor.
- Collaborative orientation.
- Ability to establish priorities and negotiate competing deadlines with composure.
- Excellent oral and public communication skills.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of HTML editing.
- Foreign language ability in French or Spanish.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for Christ-centered microenterprise development.
Please send resume, cover letter, and 250 word (or less) writing sample, in English to Rachel Spier Weaver, Recruitment Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only submissions to this address can be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of candidates, we are unfortunately unable to respond to phone calls or individual inquiries.