The Department of History is looking for two departmental work study students for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions are roughly five hours per week at normal Messiah College work study pay.
- Work five hours a week stationed at the work-study desk in the department copy room.
- Hard-working and pro-active.
- Willing to be flexible. Assignments include helping the department prepare for Open Houses and National History Day, making copies and other clerical tasks, making library runs for professors, helping faculty with research assignments, upkeep of the department bulletin board.
- Experience with social media and blogging, and a willingness to be creative in these areas in a way that will increase the visibility of the department, is not required, but it is a plus.
- Basic computer skills—WORD, EXCEL
The department work study students are supervised by the department chair (John Fea) and the department assistant (Christine Walter). This is a great opportunity to serve the department and get paid doing it.
If you are interested, please send a one-page resume and a one-page statement of your interest in the job to jfea@Messiah.edu The deadline for application is April 28, 2017.